Saturday, September 14, 2013

Religious blog

Matthew 26:69–75. Peter’s Denial of Jesus Christ Read in the institute student manual, Appendix D, “Peter My Brother” (pp. 485–90). Write a one-page paper on what you learn about the Apostle Peter. Choose a characteristic of Peter that you would like to develop. Explain in writing what you would like to do to develop this attribute more in your life. Peter was a great apostle. He loved the Lord, and gave everything to follow Him. He was willing to stand up to an army to defend Jesus, and was willing to give his life for Him. In the student manual it states, “His testimony was as the rock, his faith unwavering.” What an example Peter set for all. He spent his life teaching many. Great were his sermons. He preached countless sermons covering the commandments, and what we must do to live a happier, more fulfilling life, a Christ like life. He was a great leader that was quick to share his testimony. He was unwavering in his faith. In the student manual it states, “When his work was done, his testimony borne, his witness delivered, his numbered days run out, Satan who had long desired him was now permitted to take him in martyrdom. His testimony came from his dying lips.” One of the characteristics of Peter that I want to work on in my life is being a better missionary. I have a strong testimony of the gospel, but I have always had a hard time sharing it with others. I am always worried that I will offend someone by sharing the gospel. I want to get past that. I want to be a great missionary. I want to be that kind of example that Peter was.

No comments:

Post a Comment