Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I have been waiting for today to share this post, so here's hoping I have enough energy left to finish. Today is Groundhogs Day! Josh and I celebrate it every year by watching the movie Groundhogs Day (hope he gets home soon so we can watch it tonight). But eleven years ago today we celebrated another way too. We found out we were going to be parents. I'd like to say that I remember the dates I found out I was pregnant with all of my kids, but I can't. But I do remember this first time though.



I don't remember the exact time but it was early evening. Josh was on the phone with family friends the Costly's. I think I must have already been in the bathroom when they called, because I can't imagine going in to take the pregnancy test while he was on the phone. All though who knows, maybe I just didn't want to wait. But I took the test, and waited the allotted three minuets before I looked. And sure enough I was pregnant. I was very excited! I went out and showed Josh (who was still on the phone). He was excited too, but not verbal (he didn't want to let on to the people he was on the phone with). I don't remember the rest of the evening, I'm sure we watched Groundhogs Day, because we always do. I know that we didn't tell anyone that night. We waited until the next day to tell our families. We went on our lunch break to our moms (we worked two minutes from each other and had lunch at the same time). We went and told Josh's mom first. And her reaction was interesting... I'm not sure I want to post it all. But needless to say she was very excited. I then took Josh back to work and then went and told my mom (my lunch break was two hours long). My mom was also very excited. And so eleven years ago today we found out our family was going to grow... and grow it has :)
I don't have a scanner so my older pictures are limited. These were the oldest pictures I could find of Josh Jr. I think he was 9 or 10 months old.


2 comments:

  1. I love this post!! I never knew you guys found out about Josh Jr on Groundhog's Day! How neat!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool Groundhog day memory! Thanks for sharing it here!

    ReplyDelete