Thursday, April 9, 2020

Exercising

Growing up I never established a good routine for working out. In fact because of health issues throughout my childhood and teenage life working out was difficult and usually caused counterproductive results. I have tried over my years as an adult to establish better workout routines. I haven’t always been successful. In the fall of 2017 I had a cancer scare. When I found out I did not have cancer (after a couple months of worry and further tests) I decided I was tired of being scared and not “living” my full life. I went out side my comfort zone and talked with a friend who goes to gyms a lot and set up to go with her. This was a first for me. I had not worked out in a gym in front of people since my weights class in college. But since that first time going to the gym with my friend in early November 2017, I have become a regular at the gym. I switched which location I go to after Spencer started school. I miss seeing the friends that all went to that location, but where I go now is a lot less busy and the people are very friendly. And I have found that if I work at least 3 times a week I feel much healthy, happier, and physically better. I even found a way to get my works outs in this last fall while doing daycare (thanks Josh). Now with all the COVID 19 stuff going on we can’t go to gyms. I haven’t been able to “work out” in a few weeks. I’ve tried modifying things and doing different workouts based out of our home. But it’s just not the same (funny, but not the same). Over this last week we were able to pick up a treadmill, a rowing machine, and an elliptical to use at our home. We are transforming our garage into a gym. And I am excited! I’m excited to work out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment