Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Stitches for Spencer?

 Spencer bit through his lip yesterday while playing outside after school. There was sooooo much blood. After getting Spencer cleaned up and the bleeding (mostly) stopped, I had to decide if he needed to get stitches or not. I felt he probably needed stitches... but I really didn’t want to go to the hospital. We have been staying home and “socially distancing” ourselves from others. I did not want to take my healthy (yet hurt) son to the hospital and expose him to who knows what. I hate taking healthy kids to the hospital under normal circumstances, let alone now with COVID - 19. I was glad I called the hospital to check and see if they had a special place to check injured kids in who were healthy. After talking it through with the nurse we decided that he would probably heal just fine with out stitches. He might have a little bigger scar from it, but I’d rather a little scar than exposing Spencer to some illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment