Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall BREAK!!!

Josh Jr. was a big help
and carried Myra a lot
This is the first week of fall break for my kids... literally...  It has been such a fun week, I can't wait for next week! 

The kids school district gets out for two weeks each fall, for I'm not sure what.  I actually like it, because it is a great time to travel as not many other schools are out.  So things are a lot less busy.  But sadly this year we are not going to go on any trips.  But we thought that we could do some fun things around Colorado Springs and up in Denver.


This week started and things didn't go according to plan...  I was up A LOT Sunday night into Monday morning...  I went back to bed as everyone was getting up.  My sweet Josh decided I need a good nap and herded the kids out of our room so I could sleep.  Now I knew I was tired, but I didn't think I would really be able to go back to sleep.  But I did, and the next thing I knew it had been four hours...  And Josh had taken all the kids to McDonald's for lunch.  I went and joined them late.  Josh then took four of the kids with him to Basketball, while I went shopping...

Savannah and her friend


Josh surprised me Monday night with a date!  It was nice to go out to dinner together and then do a little shopping...

Monday night Catalina started to come down with something... And has been running a fever off and on since then... four days later!  She has also thrown up, not eaten much and had the runs!  Fun, fun for fall break...

Tuesday I thought we would take it easy since we had done SO much on Monday (OK really didn't, but I missed out on sleep Monday night because of a sick little Cat)...  And the kids got VERY bored...  And started to fight...  My three oldest spent a little of the afternoon (an hour or two) in time out on their beds because of fighting...
Rhino at the Denver Zoo


I think that they had all just barely gotten out of time out when Savannah got hurt...  Now I'm not a mean mom (most of the time), but Savannah doesn't do well with pain...  So when she cried about her arm being "broke" I didn't rush to fix her up.  I made her come find me...  And I did look at her arm, but my X-Ray vision wasn't working too well...


Brooklyn and Ben
with the Brown's boys

Little know fact about me...  I hate to go to the Doctor!  Especially if there is nothing wrong!  So I debated for a couple of hours about Savannah...  Her arm was only a little bit swollen...  And there was NO bruises... And she did not want to go to the doctor...  And Josh wasn't home and there was NO way I wanted to take 6 kids to the ER...

Josh got home about bed time... At that point Savannah was saying that her arm/wrist didn't really hurt and she still didn't want to go to the doctor...  And I started to feel blah... So we decided to let her sleep on it and we'd go in the morning if we needed to...


Cat was sweet to smile
even though
she didn't feel good

Morning comes and Savannah tells Josh that her arm doesn't hurt... And then Josh Leaves and goes to work, and Savannah begins to cry because her arm really does hurt...  We were suppose to leave at 8:30 to go up to Denver on Wednesday...  Cat is still sick and didn't sleep all that great (and neither did I) and Savannah's arm hurts.  I cancel the trip to Denver... And make appointment for the Doctors...


Long story short (I know way too late) Savannah decides her arm doesn't hurt anymore and I decide That Cat can just hang out in the stroller while not feeling good, and I head up to the Zoo in Denver with my friend any ways.  We cancel Savannah's appointment with the thought that I would just keep an eye on her and she how she does...


Savannah and her PINK cast

Savannah did great, and she used her arm some... But she would complain if you grabbed that arm and even cried when it got bumped...

So Thursday morning (after my 4th night of not much sleep)  I made another appointment to take Savannah to the doctor (and Cat).  Cat just has a viral bug going around and should be better soon, but the doctor wanted to send Savannah off for x-rays...


And sure enough Savannah has broken her arm!!!  Today we went and got a BRIGHT PINK cast put on her little arm.  She should only have to wear it for two weeks, and it doesn't seem to bother her, except for the itching...  Good thing the summers over and we weren't going to Thermopolas this fall break!
All smiles!

2 comments:

  1. Busy week!!! Savannah looks so beautiful in that picture! And if at ANY time you have to rush someone to the ER you know I'm always around to watch the other kiddos! ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sad to hear about Savannah's broken arm, but I'm glad she's going to be just fine - the pink cast is really cute!

    ReplyDelete