Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Joshua Robert Case Junior!!!


Josh Jr.  September 2010

Josh Jr. is 11 today!  These last 11 years have gone by WAY to fast!!!  I thought I would follow suit and Blog about Josh Jr. today.  To start with Josh Jr. was the only one of our kids whose name was set BEFORE we went to the hospital (I did a blog back in January about the naming of all our kids ).  What wasn't set was what he would be called, but I am getting ahead of myself... Let;s start at the beginning... OK not "the beginning" because no one wants to go back that far :)


Josh Jr. around 9 months old

We found out we were pregnant with Josh Jr. on February 2nd.  I blogged about it back on February 2nd, so I will save you that story (if you want to read it you will have to go find it, because I still haven't figured out how to add a link... Ok I haven't tried either).  I had hated being on birth control because it made me sick... a lot.  And I figured if I was going to be sick anyways I might as well have a reason.  Little did I know HOW sick I would get.  I only lost my standared 20 lbs.  But back then I was smaller than I am now, and so 20 lbs. was A LOT.  I ended up having to go to the ER and get IV's to be rehydrate.  I was also placed on bed rest for two weeks to help my body get over the dehydration.  I was working at this time for a Chiropractor.  I worked three days a week from 8am until 6pm (most nights... sometimes it would be 6:30 or 7).  The day after we found out we were pregnant I went in to work and the nice sectary (I think her name was Katherine) asked if we could use a washer and dryer.  We said yes, and that is the washer we are using to this day (I think it is probably older than Josh and I, but it keeps cleaning the clothes).


Summer 2000

I found out shortly into the pregnancy that I had ecoili poisoning.  Not sure even now where I got it from, but I know it didn't help me not be sick.  I also had many UTI's.  And after the 5th one I ended up in the hospital for a night to get IV antibiotics.  I then spent the rest of the pregnancy on antibiotics.

My due date was September 28th, 1999 (I did not have a baby on that date until 2005...).  My OBGYN was Sally Doyle, and I did not like her.  But I was new to having a baby, and wasn't sure of what to expect, but she was not so great.  I only stayed because of the nurse practitioner that worked in her office.  Sandy was GREAT (so great that we switched to the doctor that she was working for when I was pregnant with Ben). 



Spring 2001

Josh and I were able to go to Hawaii on the 30th of April for our one year anniversary.  We went for a week, and it was a fabulous week.  It was the only week during the WHOLE pregnancy that I didn't get sick.  I never once threw up in Hawaii.  It wasn't until the plane was landing back in Colorado Springs...  We had so much fun in Hawaii.  I tried to convince Josh that would we should move there...  It didn't work :(


The rest of the pregnancy was uneventful.  I had stopped working right before we went to Hawaii.  So I spent the next few months getting ready to be a Mom.  Josh and his Dad made a cradle for Josh Jr. to sleep in.  It is beautiful!!!  And all of our children have spent the first few months of their life sleeping in it.  We decided to stay in our little one room apartment after Josh Jr. was born and save up for a house.  The dining room became the "nursery".  Our theme was "Winnie the Pooh".


Fall 2007

September 28th came and went and there was no baby.  October 5th, Josh and I went over to the Case's to play games with everyone... I mean everyone!  Both sides of the family.  It was fun, but there was still no promise of a baby coming...


I woke up early on the 6th... Real early!  I woke at 3:30am with pains and got excited... I sat and read different books and waited...  Hoping that the contractions would get faster, and stronger, and more regular.  And they did.  They got to where they were 5minutes apart regularly and pretty strong (or so I thought).  I waited for about a half an hour like that to make sure before I woke up Josh...  And just as I was going to wake up Josh they started to slow down... And slow down...  Josh got up and left to be at work by 7am.  And I laid down to sleep.


Josh Jr.'s Baptisum

I don't know if the contractions stopped or if I was just too tired to notice them, but I went to sleep, and slept!  I woke up at 10:30 am and was happy to see that I was still having contractions.  I had a Dr.s appointment that afternoon and wasn't sure if I should go to the Dr.s or just go to the hospital.  I showered and called Josh, and called my Mom.  Right before noon I called the Dr.s office.  They said I should probably just go to the hospital, because I would probably end up there.  So I called my mom to come and get me.  I also told Josh to meet me at the hospital.  Josh stopped to get his mom on the way (her car was in the shop).  I think that Josh was hoping to be too slow in getting to the hospital and miss everything...  Little did he know.

My mom and I got to the hospital around 1:30.  We checked in at the ER and they took me up stairs to L & D.  The ER teck that took me up asked if this was my first child...  I said yes...  He said good luck we'll see you back here in a few days :(  I hoped not...  I was already eight days late!


Spring 2008

The rest of the afternoon was long and boring...  Josh got to the hospital in plenty of time...  And so did EVERYONE else!  This was the first grand baby in the Case side, and the first grand baby born in Colorado on the Lockard side.  So everyone came out to wait!  I feel bad now.  They defiantly should have picked one of the other deliveries...  They would have had a much shorter wait.  Around 6:30 the doctor on call showed up to see how things were going.  He broke my water and discovered that there was meconium staining, which meant that they would need to suction the baby real good when he was born.  Somewhere around 7 - 7:30 Josh kicked all the waiting fans out of the room.  Only our moms stayed to help.  I didn't have an epidural (the Dr. I talked with about it wasn't sure how well it would work because of my back surgery... not that I had really wanted one anyways), but I did have some meds through my IV to help ease the pain. I must have hyperventilated some, because my jaw started to lock up.  So I asked for a bag to breath in to help relax my jaw (it worked).



Disneyland March 2008

Joshua Robert Case Junior came in to our life at 8:50pm.  He was a little green from the meconium, but a beautiful little boy.  He was 8 lbs 2 oz, and 20 1/4 inches long.  He had a little light colored hair and dark blue eyes (and they are still blue).  And we were ecstatic!  Everyone came in to see the addition to the family.

Later that night they had to take Joshua (that is what we called him at that point) away to clean him up and make sure everything was in order.  They told us they would need him for about an hour and then we could get him back.  About and hour and a half later I was getting nervous about him not being back.  I called the nurse and asked "How do I go about getting THAT baby back"  Not my baby...  THAT baby!  Josh also shaved off his goatee that he had been growing since May (I am really sorry I don't have any picture I can show of this...  I need to get a scanner so I could show you, but it was LONG...  Long enough for me to braid!).



Splash Mountian

The next day Joshua's nurse gave us a heart attack.  She came in to explain that something had gone wrong when Joshua was born...  And they would need to do paper work and fix somethings...  Now mind you this was our first baby...  At this point Josh and I are trying real hard to not freak out...  What happened was that when they weighed Joshua the scale had not converted the weight from kilograms to pounds right.  Joshua was really only 6 lbs. 15 oz, at birth.  Josh and I ask the nurse what this means and she tells us... Well we have to redo his foot print and redo some paper work...  REALLY!!!  Paper work???  Do think maybe you could phrase things different so you don't scare the crap out of us next time!!!


swimming

We took Joshua home from the hospital on Friday October 8th.  I worried the whole time that I didn't have him in the car seat right and that he wouldn't be able to breath.  Josh joked "Did his head fall off???"  And that became his joke for me when he thought I was worring too much!

I could go on and on about Joshua and those first few days with my new baby, but then this would be WAY too long, and I would never finish.  So I will just have to save those stories for another time.   Happy Birthday Joshua Robert Case Junior!  We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely AWESOME post!

    I had forgotten many of these "finer points" like the "Did his head fall off?!" question and how freaked out we were when the nurse told us something was wrong with our baby.

    I love reading your blogs Pretty Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures of Josh Jr. - I hadn't seen some of these before! That nurse was such a jerk for telling you something had gone wrong when he was born! She should have used her words more carefully!

    ReplyDelete