Saturday, August 31, 2013

Swim Party

Brooklyn has wanted to have a swimming party for her birthday for a couple years now. Usually I tend to forget that it is time to do her party until it is too late to have it at our swimming pool (that closes on Labor Day). But this year I was on top of it. Brooklyn and her 7 most favorite friends (that live in town) all piled into our great white beast to go to the swimming pool. As we were heading up the street to the pool I asked all the girls if they knew how to swim. I didn’t want to be that person that brought someone swimming who couldn’t and swim, and ended up needing to be saved by a life guard (it happens all the time). All seven girls said they could swim. I then told the girls to stay in the shallow end if they were not a strong swimmer. We couldn’t have been there more than five minutes when I heard the life guards blow her whistle three times (the signal that they are going in the water for a save)! And sure enough, it was for one of Brooklyn’s friends! Grrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment