Friday, August 23, 2013

Storm of the Century???

I’m not so sure the storm tonight will go down as that, but it sure one CRAZY storm. It started raining right about 6pm… And when I finally went to sleep around midnight, it was still pouring! I’m pretty sure when I was up at 2:15 with Spencer that it was still raining… It rained so much last night, that there are even a couple schools that had to have late starts, and one that was closed all together because of the rain. About 11pm last night, after checking our window wells for the hundredth time, Josh decided that he had better bail the water out of a couple of the windows… Poor Josh, out in the pouring rain (the rain picked up as he went out) hauling bucket after bucket out of the window. After checking out the windows this morning, I am so grateful that Josh took the time to get soaking wet last night. Or we might have had a BIG problem this morning. But last night, as I was warm and dry holding the flashlight from inside the house, all I could think of was swamp thing. In the dark murky water, with tumble weeds and whatever else was blown down into the window well, it looked like a shallow swamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment