Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What a day!

Today was a day. I wouldn't say bad or good, just a day. It started with the mad rush to get out of the house. Still have a hard time getting us all ready and out of the house much before 10am. This will not be good come next week when the kids start school up. However I will hopefully only need to walk with them the first couple of days until they remember how it is to walk to school everyday. But back to today... Both boys had a dentist appointment at 8:30 this morning (what was I thinking???) And since it was a new dentist and I wasn't sure how things worked, I needed to drop the girls off with Grandma Julie (Thanks Grandma) before hand. We were about 10 minutes late getting out of the house. But some how we still made it to the dentist on time (I do have a bit of a speeding problem, but we can save that for another post). An hour and a half latter we head back to Grandma's house to get the girls (after learning of the $400.oo of work on teeth for the two boys...). Now we can never just go in to Grandma's and get the girls and leave. The boys need to have their time with Grandma too. So an hour and an half latter we make it home. To hurry and eat because I made an appointment for 12:30 at the north end of town to have the car looked at (again what was I thinking on the timing issue).
Lunch was a quick rush with most kids eating good (Savannah just doesn't like to eat... meals, she would eat snacks all day if I let her). Now I knew the appointment to have the car looked at would take a little while, so I told the kids to bring their mp3 players, books, and/or DSIs. Hoping that this would make the time go faster for them. The kids did great waiting in the car (except for one terrible hot and thirsty 6 year old), but they didn't really use the things they brought. No big deal, but when we get home Ben and Brooklyn decided that they really want to listen to their mp3 players now. Again, no big deal... except that they both wanted to sing with the music... Loud... and around other people. So for almost the rest of the afternoon I was serenaded by to sweet kids. Both singing different songs, but repeating that song over, and over, and over. Don't get me wrong, it was cute... but loud.
We ended the day at the swimming pool. Our normal Wednesday night ritual. And once we were there the kids disappeared to hang out/flirt with the much cooler lifeguards (we are in so much trouble once they are teenagers). The house is now quiet, and I am loving it.

1 comment:

  1. You are truly a supermom!!! I don't know how you do it!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete