Saturday, July 31, 2010

Beds??? Who needs Beds???

I must have slept on the floor too many times while I was pregnant with Myra. Because Myra doesn't realize that you are suppose to sleep in beds. She won't sleep in her bed! I'm afraid it is starting to hurt Josh's feelings. The bed we have in our room for Myra is a wooden cradle that Josh made with his father while I was pregnant with Josh Jr. I don't remember how much time it took for them to build it, but it seemed like they spent a lot of time on it. They did a fantastic job too. It is very sturdy (we have had some bigger kids climb into the bed many times). And it rocks. Sadly we haven't really used the rocking feature very much over the years. Julie (Josh's mom) made the mattress and bumper pads for the cradle. I love this cradle. I am so glad that all of my kids have had the opportunity to use this cradle. And I look forward to passing it on to my children's children. But there have been times that the babies would not sleep in it. Josh Jr. was the first. He slept in his car seat for about the first 6 weeks of his life.... Well it seems that Myra is following suit. She also will not sleep in the cradle. But last night marked the 6 week mark (I can't believe it has already been 6 weeks), so I thought I would give it another try. It was also cooler last night so I thought that maybe if I bundled Myra up in her blanket that it would help her to sleep better in the cradle... And it worked... For about two hours... And then Myra woke up hungry... So she ate... And she went back to sleep... But as soon as I layed her down she was awake again... Hungry again... Bottle this time... Now Myra is awake... So we cuddle... And I fall a sleep before she does... In the chair... So not only did Myra not sleep in her bed... But neither did I :(

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there... it's gotta get better!! Love you both so very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...I love those pictures of Myra! Jaimee is right: it's gotta get better! She's bound to settle into that beautiful cradle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Myra pics honey. The bed did take quite a while to build but it was worth it. Even if our first and last (maybe) kids didn't really use it much! Great memories and a solid piece of furniture to pass on to future generations!

    ReplyDelete