Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Late! Are You Sure You Really Want to Go To The Dance???


So Cute!!!






Thirteen Years ago today, at this exact moment (It's 6:21 pm) I was working... For free!  I was actually on an ambulance as a third rider doing my internship for paramedicine.  We had to have some insane amount of hours on the ambulance... I can't remember the number right now, but it was something like 500 or 800 hours.  Now by the 19th of December I had actually finished the hours I needed to, but I did not have enough ALS call hours.  I needed 100 ALS calls (Advanced Life Support) and because I was working more day time hours I had not reached the required number.  So I continued going to work every day and paying AMR $15 a day to work for free for them :(  But I LOVED it.  I loved the paramedics I worked with and had a blast most every day.  So back to the 19th...

Never a dulh moment



The 19th was a Friday that year (1997). I can't remember if I was on my 9pm shift or my 9:30 shift, but either way I was late getting off.  I had planned when I left for work that morning to go to the Young Single Adult dance that evening.  My sister was back in town for Christmas, and we were going to go have some fun (hopefully).  But I got off late.  And it was probably 10 or later when I got home form work.  But it was a Friday night and I didn't have to be to work until 10am.  My sister left, my mom still questioning, and headed to the dance.

We walked in to the dance and I noticed that this cute guy I had seen in church a few weeks back was talking to my friend from High School.  I had wanted to meet this new guy who was recently back from his mission, and I thought that if I went up and said hi to my friend, that he might introduce me to him...   I didn't noticed that as I was walking up to my friend from High School, the cute guy and the girl they were talking to that a slow song came on...  I went to Donovan (my friend) and said hi...  He did not introduce me to the guy and girl he was talking too...  Instead he gave me a BIG hug and asked me to dance... :(

Now don't get me wrong Donovan was nice and all, but a lot like a brother, and my whole plan had back fired...  The evening went on and I never got a chance for Donovan to introduce me to the cute guy...  But I kept an eye on him as the night went on.  I noticed that he danced with the girl from the beginning a lot.  I even started to wonder if they might be dating...  The night went on and I had fun (despite the LAME pick up line a guy used on me... don't worry it back fired on HIM).  Towards the end of the night I noticed that the Cute guy was not dancing with the girl he had been with.  She was dancing with other guys, and he was not dancing (on the slow songs) at all!  I think I probably watched him for a few slow songs...  It took me that long to get the courage up.  But finally I made the long walk across the gym to where he was sitting on a table, and asked him to dance!!!

I love you Josh!!!


We danced the rest of that song and then he asked me to dance the next four or five slow songs (They never play that many slow songs together... Even at the Young Single Adult dances)!!!  So yes mom...  The answer to your question on if I really wanted to go to the dance even though it was late is YES!

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! Awesome post!!!! I am so glad you went late to this dance so you could meet (offically) my big brother and marry him and become my sister!! I am so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sweet, way to be brave. It totally paid off. ♥ Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading about how you and Josh first met! I'm grateful that you were assertive enough to go up and ask Josh to dance, otherwise who knows what would have happened...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen
    I don't have a e-mail for you or Josh,
    But I got the Christmas card today and
    LOVED it
    I couldn't wait to show it off..What a neat family
    and so much love I feel both in your blogs
    Love and hug yourself for me
    hey thanks to your blogs...I did guess most of the kids..

    ReplyDelete