Monday, December 27, 2010

The Story Continues...

So Friday the 19th I danced with the VERY cute guy many times (after I asked him to dance... you can read that story if you go back a post).  I saw him next two days later at church.  He invited me to sit next to him during Sunday school class.  He asked me at the end of class if I was going to stay after church for the linger longer the singles ward was doing.  I had to tell him no...  That I would not be staying because I had to go to a Christmas party for one of my paramedic preceptors (that is the paramedic I was working under on the ambulance).  I didn't really want to go... for many different reasons...  It was Sunday.  It was about twenty miles out of town to get to her house.  Everyone there would be drinking.  I would only know three people there.  So again I didn't really want to go.  But it would be like your Collage instructor asking you to their party...  I didn't see how I could not go.  Plus it was also her wedding reception.  But no one knew she was getting married but me and one other person (besides her family).  And come to think of it, I don't think she even invited her partner on the ambulance to the party...  So I had to go.  It would be insulting to her if I didn't go.  And so I left church on the 21st of December to go to a party/wedding reception. 

I had to work on Christmas Eve.  I don't remember why I didn't drive to work that day...  someone else needed the car...  But I didn't drive to work, and so when I got back to AMR's headquarters I called my parents house to see if my ride was coming...  That is when I found out that Someone had ring and rang my family... leaving a teddy bear on the door step with my name on it :)

I was hoping that it was from the Very cute guy from church, but I had my doubts.  He only knew my first name, and he didn't know where I lived.  I was more afraid that it was from a guy that worked at AMR that was "stalking" me.  And I knew that he knew where I lived (I had had to re-certify my CPR and he was the one that handled the paper work... which had my address on it).  Unfortunately my ride took a little while to get there to get me and then we had to drop off a couple of plates of goodies to people on the way home.  So I had to wait to find out who had sent me the bear...

I finally got home and was very relieved and excited to find out the the Cute guy from the dance was very resourceful.  He had figured out where I lived and he was the one to drop off the Teddy Bear!!!

The Teddy Bear had a card that said if I had any questions on the care for the Bear I could call.  And then he signed his name and left his phone number...

Now it was really too late to call him when I got home (it was actually almost Christmas).  So I waited until the next afternoon (Yes I called him on Christmas day!).  We talked for a little while (an hour or two) and he asked me out for that Saturday (the 27th).  The singles were going Ice Skating.  So he asked me to go with him.  I said of course!!!

I was suppose to work Saturday for AMR.  But I told them I wouldn't be there (my date with the cute guy was set for the early evening and my shift would have gone until 9 or 9:30).  Sometime time in the early afternoon the Cute Guy called to say that he would not be getting off as early as he would like.  He needed to cover for a fellow worker (who actually covered for him so he could go to the dance that we met at).  He said he would call me when he got off and if it wasn't too late we could go out then...

I'm not sure what time he called at but it was too late to go ice skating.  But I told him we could still go and do something.  So we decided to go to a movie.  And he told me to pick one...  I had No clue what to pick...  I didn't know a whole lot about this Cute guy.  So I went with a safe movie (even if it was a little cheesy/sappy).  We went and saw Anastasia.  And it was very cute and I had a wonderful time with the cute guy.


He drove me home... and much to my horror there were two cop cars out in front of my parents home.  I tried to lie and say that they were probably for the neighbor, but when the cops brought my brother out hand cuffed there really wasn't much I could say about it....

Needless to say the cute guy did NOT kiss me good night :)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE reading this! *sigh* I remember how smitten Josh was with you!! So glad you are blogging about it- your kids will love reading it years from now!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrggh...how can you stop there!?! I hate cliffhangers, you have to finish this soon :)
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these posts about you and the Cute Guy! It's nice to read about these romantic things! Can't wait to read more (hint, hint!)

    ReplyDelete