Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Savannah's arm


I got a call last Thursday from the school…  That I missed.  The voice message that they left said that Savannah had hurt her arm during recess, but that they didn’t think it was broken.  They were going to try to reach Josh, but told me to call back.  Before I could call back, my phone rang again.  This time it was my sister-in-law who works at the school.  This time I answered.  I talked with Jaimee, and then the health assistant, and then Savannah.  Savannah said that she was ok, and that she was good to stay the last 45 minutes of the day.  When she got home from school, Savannah showed me her arm and said it hurt a little bit.  It wasn’t swollen or bruised so I thought we’d just watch it.  Over the next few days Savannah kept her arm wrapped and took medicine a few times, but she never really complained.  I finally took her in to the doctor on Tuesday (I know bad mom) and they sent us for x-rays.  And wouldn’t you know it, it was broken!  She got her cast this morning!  She gets to wear it for four weeks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment