Friday, February 15, 2013

So should we fight now or later?

That was the question Josh asked me over dinner tonight as we sat and had our romantic dinner to celebrate Engagement Day. Not quite the thing you would think one would talk about at dinner. Today is Engagement day for Josh and me. Josh and I don't celebrate Valentines day, we never have... If your curious as to why, go read Josh's blog from yesterday or mine from this day three years ago (I would link them, but that would require going to the computer, and I like my warm bed too much). We had a great day today... Kind of lazy, but as parents of seven kids, a lazy day is always a good thing ;) We did a little shopping this morning and then had lunch out. This afternoon we spent rearranging card sleeves so we can play our new game and figuring out a plan of action for redoing the yards this summer... And this evening we went out for a nice romantic dinner... And so did everyone else in Colorado Springs! We tried Texas Roadhouse first, and the line was OUT the door! We then went to Red Robin, and you could see with out getting out of the car that the whole front area was packed FULL of people! So we decided we would run to Target to get the few things we needed, thinking that if we waited like a half hour that the line would clear up... It did not! Now not being the patient type of people that just wait for a table for hours, we headed to On The Boarder... I actually got out of the car at this place to go see how long a wait, but I didn't even wait to talk to someone... I could tell by lack of room and the number of people still waiting to talk to the hostess that the wait would be longer than we would want... So back to the car I went. At this point we decided that maybe we should look for something a little faster. That's when I picked Captain D's. The closest one to us (and maybe the only one left in town) was about ten minutes away. As we drove there we continued to look at other places, and they were all packed! We got to Captain D's to find that it was crazy busy too! I guess Josh and I just don't go out enough on Fridays for dinner. But Captain D's was fun and something we haven't had in a long time... We finished the evening off (after buying formula for Spencer, and saving $36) watching The Bourne Legacy (it was really good! Just ask Josh, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time)! Thanks Josh for another fantastic Engagement Day!!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment