Tuesday, February 5, 2013

We are home!

We are home! Spencer got to come home today. It ended up being a little afternoon by the time we got set up with oxygen. The doctor didn't say for sure how long he will have to be on it, but they indicated that it would be a few weeks most likely. Having a baby o oxygen is ALL new to me! I know with 7 kids all born at this high altitude you would think that at least one of them would have come home on oxygen, but no, not one. We have been so blessed with such healthy kids! Savannah did get put on oxygen for about 5 days when she was 6 months old (for RSV) but that is the only time we have had to deal with the whole oxygen thing. I don't know how people do it! I have seven kids, and we have had a couple broken arms and other ailments, but the whole oxygen thing scares me (and I was a paramedic before kids). I don't want to go anywhere. I don't want to have to lug the oxygen around with me. I don't want to have to worry about switching from one tank to the other, and turning tanks on and off. It's hard enough to remember to pick up the tubing and carry it with me... I will say it again, I don't know how parents do it when their kids have long term medical needs. I have so much respect for them. It can not be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment