Sunday, January 10, 2010

Books

I had a hard time coming up with something to write today. I'm still tired (see yesterdays blog) even though I think we went to bed at least an hour earlier than Friday night. We are lucky to have 8:30 church this year (I'm being sarcastic for those of you who aren't sure). My kids elementary school starts at 8:55. Sunday we have to be out of the house earlier than any other day of the week. So we have to get up early. Now you'd think I would take advantage of the early church to get a nap in today, but sadly I did not. So needless to say my brain is not as quick as I would like it to be. I had plenty of time to write something this afternoon, but I could come up with nothing. The best I have got for today is to list the books I am currently reading... That was bookS.
I am in two different book clubs, and they both meet every other month. But they are on the same month schedule. Now it wouldn't be to bad if I hadn't procrastinated for this month. Now I have two books I need to read by the end of the week for book club and one book that I need to read so I can get it back to my friend who loaned it to me (there are people waiting for it after me). Normally I am a fast reader, so reading a bunch of books wouldn't be too big a deal. Especially when I am pregnant. I usually read A LOT when I am pregnant. But this pregnancy has been different. I am having a hard time getting into reading. Even books that I love I can't seem to want to read (Twilight). I was lucky that two months ago the book for both of my books clubs was the same book, and that I had already read the book at least three if not four times (New Moon). So now I need to read, and don't really want to read. Plus I am teaching preschool this week (which was a surprise to me, but I will save you the story, you don't really want to know it). Anyways on to the list...

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
The Education of Little Tree by Forrest Carter
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

I am about half way through two of the books, and I have not read but a few pages of the other. I guess I need to get off the computer and read more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment