Saturday, January 9, 2010

What I would give for a good nights sleep !?!?!?

I'm tired!!! I wish I could blame it all on kids, but I can't. Josh and I are night owls. We always have been. We thought it would change as our kids got older and started school, and it still might, but so far it hasn't. We are never in bed by ten, and hardly ever before eleven. So going to bed at one last night was really not too late for our normal. But today is Saturday, and there is no real need to get up in the morning (at least not for me, Josh still has to go to work). So I had hoped to sleep in a little. I guess I forgot to tell the kids. They were all up by 7:30. Which wouldn't be too bad if I had actually slept all night long.



I'm not sure what time kids started waking up, because it started with Catalina... And she doesn't always wake us up... To begin with anyways. She usually just climbs up the foot of our bed, crawls up to the middle top of the bed and goes back to sleep. But something we have learned about Cat (for those of you who are not too familiar with my family, Cat is our nick name for Catalina, we do not own a cat) is that she DOES NOT like covers! We will cover her up, and if she is enough a sleep she will be fine. But it never fails that sometime in the night she will vigorously kick the blankets off. And if at that point you try to cover her back up, she will just kick them off again. It wouldn't be to big a deal for her to kick the blankets off... If she wasn't in the middle of MY bed. When she kicks the blankets off ALL the blankets go! And Josh and I end up with no blankets on too. Now your probably thinking... why bother covering her up? Well our bed is a Queen size bed and our blankets are Queen size as well. So when you have a thirty pound weight laying in the middle of the bed, pinning the covers down, there really isn't enough covers to cover the two adults in the bed. I finally did give up and left Cat uncovered. I was just thankful that she brought her own blanket with her to my bed. Oh I forgot to mention that Cat likes to sleep with her feet propped up too. I think she usually puts them on Josh, but that isn't always the case. So sometimes you get the blanket kicking game in the middle of your back :( Now I'm getting use to Cat and her nightly visits (wish they would end), but last night I was also up with Savannah a couple of times and then Brooklyn as well. Needless to say by 5:20 when Josh got up for work (or was kicked out of bed by Cat) there were three extra kids in my room, one of them kicking me in the back (that would be Cat, not the one inside me... still haven't felt that one for sure yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment