Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Denver Zoo!


Myra
watching the "puppies"!




We went to the Denver Zoo today, because it was free!  It is always a hard debate on going.  Since it is free it is WAY BUSY!  But it is also WAY CHEAP!  But I still debated about going...  I wasn't going to go when I woke up this morning...  I had slept in, and knew that by the time we got up to the zoo, we would have to park a ways away from the zoo.  After much debate with my kids and sister, I decided that we would just go for it.  I quickly packed a lunch and snacks for us, while the kids got ready to go.  We were out the door in about an hour, some what of a miracle...  And an hour and a half later we were looking for parking at the zoo!  I lucked out when I noticed a car had was trying to back out of their parking space...  As I went by them :(  But the two cars behind me didn't notice the car and went on past!  That is when I spun around and went back for the spot, because I knew it was the closest spot I would most likely find...  It was still probably about a mile away from the zoo, but still close ;)

Cute little monkey

Ben giving Savannah
a piggy back ride
because she was tired!

The zoo was CRAZY BUSY!  But really just at the entrance.  Once you get past the front gate it was just busy!  But the animals were out and moving about and fun to watch!  The kids had fun for the most part (a little bit of grumpy to begin with, but they finally got over it), and it was a great day.  We haven't been to any zoo for awhile, and it was fun to see Myra really enjoying the animals.  She recently learned to say puppy, and any moving animal today was a puppy! 

Catalina is doing what the monkey had done!
Grandma came with us!
Savannah and Brooklyn
Enjoying Aunt Jodie!
Sweet Savannah!

Got to love that Ben!

It was a fun day of walking (guessing around 3 or 4 miles), and a lot of fun animals.  It was a great day!!!

A bear "grave" yard Ben found!

 


Handsome Josh!

Beautiful Brooklyn!
Myra in a
sugar coma :)

Always climbing!
Polar Bear!


Love my Catalina!
 
Myra attacking her
Christmas gift from Josh!


No comments:

Post a Comment