Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gas (for the car)

Last week I was suppose to meet Josh to get our passports.  And I was running late.  And wouldn't you know it, the gas light came on!  This shouldn't have surprised me, I knew I was low on gas when I was out trying to escape from the car dealer ship the day before :)  But at that point I just wanted to get home and figured I would just get gas the next day.  So here I was running late to meet Josh and my gas light came on.  And I really didn't have time to stop to get gas!  And I had to drive a LONG way to get to the different places I had to go (OK not really a long way, but a lot longer than I normally drive around town).  But I really didn't have time to stop to get gas.  That is when I started to pray that I wouldn't run out of gas.  And also wondering HOW many miles my car could go with the gas light on.  I made it to the health department (to get my Birth Certificate) and the to the Passport Agency.  When I was getting ready to leave, I asked Josh how many gallons of gas should be left in the car once the light came on.  His answer reassured me that I should make it home...  OK to a gas station.  But I didn't want ANY gas station.  I wanted to go to King Soopers for my gas.  I had 30 cents off per gallon that would expire the next day that I wanted to use.  Thankfully I was able to make it to the gas station.  And in case you are wondering, I went 25 miles (at least) with the gas light on!

1 comment:

  1. Little miracles ... we are always being watched out for.

    ReplyDelete