Monday, October 3, 2011

What did Mindy want?

Our friend Mindy called this evening to ask me a question.  When I got off the phone Josh asked "What did Mindy want?"  My answer...  "To know if wanted to buy a cow."

And I left it at that...  Josh chuckled, and then said...  "No, really what did she want?"  And I said...  "To know if we want to buy a cow.  It's only about $900." (I had miss understood, it was really about $1,150).  Needless to say Josh and I laughed for a little while.  But Mindy was serious.  Her extended family buys a cow every year and have it butchered.  They don't have to deal with any of that hassle, they just have to go pick up the meat when it is ready...  about 500 pounds of meat...  For $1150!  Which sounds like a lot of money (OK it IS a lot of money), but when you do the math that is really a good price.  And the meat is hormone free and very lean.  Which makes it a REALLY good deal!  But there is NO way our family of 8 could eat a whole cow our selves :)  So we just need to find about for other families that would want to go in on buying a cow :)

1 comment: