Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Welcome to 2020

Brooklyn and me (my last picture  of me in 2019)
Welcome to 2020!
I went to dinner with my amazing sister-in- law the other night. She shared that she was going to blog every day in 2020. I had already been thinking about blogging daily this year, but it was the extra push I needed to get me to commit. I struggle with blogging every day, because I know there are going to be days that suck in this coming year. And I’m sure that I will struggle on those days to blog and be positive. But the thought keeps coming to my mind of a conversation I had with my Aunt almost 20 years ago. My aunt and I were talking family history stuff. My aunt was sharing stories of my grandparents and other relatives. I asked my aunt if my grandma (who passed away when I was almost 8) had kept a journal. My aunt said my grandma had not and then she said my grandma had said something to the effect of “why would I want to keep a journal when there’s wasn’t anything good to write about?”  I know as I’ve looked back over the years that there are good days and bad. And I know if I search out for those bad days, that I can find lots of them. But looking back at my life I can also see those days that I thought sucked, and now they don’t seem as bad as I once thought they were. We all have good days and bad days. Some of those days are really good. And some of them are really bad. But I know that we can learn and grow from those days. And maybe if I write every day I can help someone who might be having a really bad day too. And maybe as I write daily, those day this next year that feel really bad won’t end up being as bad as I think they are. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. I am super proud of you Karen for taking on this challenge!! As someone who keeps a journal I agree that it is hard sometimes, but definitely worth it in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So glad you’re doing this with me! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete