Sunday, November 27, 2011

Memories

We had the oppertunity to go to our friends ward today for church.  They were blessing thier baby, and it was fun to be able to go and support them...  Their ward, however, was the first ward Josh and I were in as a new married couple...  We were in that ward, meeting in that building so long ago...  It has been 11 and 1/2 years since we were in that ward, but it was amazing to see so many familiar faces.  Crazy that so much time could go by, but somethings will stay the same...

The drive home from church brought back other memories for me as well...  I always think that I should write down some of my "pre" kids experiences, but usually so much happens each day that I want to catch the funny stuff...  And the nights when I can't think of anything to share from the day, are usually the nights when I am too tired to think of old memories...  So I thought I'd write down the memory from our drive home today NOW, while it was fresh on my mind...

This memory goes back to before I had kids...  It is even before I knew Josh (but right around the time we met)...  I was in town doing an internship with AMR to finish up my Paramedic degree...  I was working 55 hours a week for free...  Actually I was paying AMR $75 a week to work for them!!!  It was a mild afternoon (don't remember what day of the week it was...) and the crew I was working with went on a call to a house up off a Constitution, west of powers, but east of Murry...  The house was up in the "hills" and off any main street...  I don't remember what was wrong with the lady, but nothing too serious, but we did transport her, because I remember we had to come out to the ambulance to get the cot...  For some reason we left the back of the ambulance open (probably because we thought we'd be right back with the patient, but still a bad idea)...  For some reason we had to come back out to the ambulance again to get something (I don't remember what)...  And much to our surprise we found a curious deer was investigating the back of the ambulance...  It had his front half of his body IN the ambulance!!!  Luckily the deer scared easily, and jumped out (not in) of the ambulance, and ran off...  But every time I drive past that stretch of road I remember that experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment