Monday, September 5, 2011

A Long Day


Today was a long day!  Mostly good, but still a long day...  It started with getting up at way too early so we could go to the park and watch balloons.  Josh Jr had to be at the pool at 10 to finish his swimming merit badge.  I took the rest of the kids later so they could swim (since it was the last day the pool was open).  Josh (Sr.) went golfing and met up with us at the pool...  He then offered to go home and cook up some burgers before he headed into work. 

And that is when the day got long (OK maybe it got long when Savannah woke me and Myra up at 3:30...).  Josh called when he got home, because he could nor get into the house!  Some how the door from in the garage into the house had gotten locked (most likely Catalina).  Josh tried a couple different ways to get into the house, but he HAD to get to work.  I left the swimming pool and took the kids over to my parents.  My dad and Josh Jr. came with me back to the house to try and break in so that we wouldn't need to call for a lock smith (being a holiday and all).  Luckily my mom had a key for me to try, and it actually ended up being the key to the door (thank goodness).

The rest of the day was spent playing games at my parents house (since I had to go back to get the kids).  It was a lot of fun, but the kids (who never took a nap) were not always to happy.  My sweet sister was nice and gave the three little girls baths, and then we came home early to get the older three kids a shower before a early bedtime.  And boy were they grumpy!  Bed time routine tonight did not go the best.  And let's just say that I am so glad they are all in bed, and hopefully they will all sleep through the night!

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos of the balloons! Looks like they were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day (mostly) and fun pictures of the kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete