Friday, September 3, 2010

Brooklyn Rose Case!

Brooklyn's 7th Birthday
9-3-10
Brooklyn on her blessing day
9-28-03


Today is Brooklyn's 7th Birthday!  It's hard to believe that it has been 7 years already.  I thought I would tell Brooklyn's story today to celebrate her birthday.

Brooklyn's first Christmas
12-25-03
I wish I could tell you the day I found out I was pregnant with her, but sadly that is one thing I have forgot.  It had to be in January I think, but maybe I waited until February.  I do remember that the night we found out we had friends over.  We had Tony and Mindy, and Bill and Joi over for dinner and games.  Joi  had just found out she was pregnant and was due the end of August.  Mindy and I both were wondering if we too might be pregnant.  So Joi, Mindy and I loaded up and went to Target to buy a couple of home pregnancy test.  We went back to our house and took the tests and sure enough we both were pregnant.

Brooklyn on her 4th  Birthday
9-3-07
When Josh found out we were going to have our third child he joked that if it was another boy we should name him Joshua the III (he pointed out how George Foreman named all his kids George).  I joked and told him only if he shared a birthday with Josh...  Then we found out that I was due the 12th of September... Five days before Josh's Birthday...  I was a little worried that Josh would hold me to it.

Brooklyn on her 5th Birthday
9-3-08
I'd have to say my pregnancy with Brooklyn was probably my easiest.  Morning sickness was bad for the first three months, but then it settled down and I was able to feel good most days.  It was very uneventful... mostly!  We did an ultra sound around 20 weeks to make sure all was good and to find out the sex of our baby.  We could not find out.  Brooklyn did not cooperate!  I was OK with it... and even decided not to find out latter when we had another ultra sound (mostly because it really bugged my now ex-sister-in-law).

Brooklyn on her 6th Birthday
9-3-09
September 2nd came around and I had another Dr.s appointment with another non-stress test.  I ended up having several at the end of the pregnancy, and they thought my amniotic fluid was low.  So we also had several ultra sounds.  And on the 2nd of September they decided to induce (because they thought my water was low again).

Brooklyn swimming
Summer 2009
Josh and I went to Memorial Hospital (Central- it wasn't Central then, because there wasn't a north) at some early hour in the morning... I'm guessing 6ish, on Wednesday the 3rd of September.  We got all checked in and waited for the Dr to come.  Dr. B (Bianco) came some time after 7am and broke my water and started me on piton. 

Labor was... labor.  It went rather fast (not as fast as some), and Brooklyn Rose Case came into the world at 12:27pm.  Dr. B was there to deliver her and Grandma Penny was there to support us in this new adventure.  And NO one told me I had a girl!!!  It wasn't until they gave her to me that I found out that we had finally gotten a girl!

Me and Brooklyn
Brooklyn came in at 20 inches long and weighed 6lbs. 12oz.  She had more hair than either of her brothers (and the most to this day for any of our babies).  She had blue eyes (they are no longer blue) and LONG finger nails...  I had to cut them while at the hospital.  She also had some scratches on her face from them.

Brooklyn is beautiful!  So beautiful.  We were so happy to get our sweet little girl!  Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!!


Yellowstone 2008



Just in case you missed it...  Brooklyn is our '3rd' child.  She was born on '9-3-03', at '12:27pm'. She weighed in at '6lbs 12oz'.  All numbers are divisible by three... she is our three :)


Brooklyn!
Joi had her son on September 5th, and Mindy had her daughter on September 30th.  It was fun to have us all pregnant together :)

2 comments:

  1. Love those pictures!! I hadn't seen many of them ever before, so thanks for posting them! I hope Brooklyn had a nice birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture of her.

    ReplyDelete