Sunday, September 12, 2010

Reading!

I love to read!  There is almost always a book I am reading.  I think after Myra was born that I was actually reading three different books.  I had one in my room to read, one in Myra's room to read, and one out in the living room to read...  Guess I am lazy...  I didn't want to remember to bring the books with me from room to room :)  I'm only reading one book right now (OK technically I am reading two, but I haven't picked up one for many weeks and don't see myself actually finishing it).  I love to read.

Josh Jr.
The love to read has rubbed off on the kids.  They all enjoy a good book.  And there have been many time that we have caught kids reading at night...  And many times we have had to take books away from the kids as punishment.

This afternoon I got to be read too... By my three year old and four year old...  They would make up a story to go a long with the pictures...  It was so cute!  Until they started to fight over whose turn it was to read to me.  Catalina's book was a "chapter" book, and Savannah didn't think it was fair for Cat to read the "whole" book.  So they compromised...  Cat would read me one "chapter"  and then Savannah would read her book to me :)

3 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Josh Jr! So cute! I'll have to ask Cat and Savannah to 'read' me a story next time... bet it would be comical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat read to me the other night when my head was hurting, must have been Saturday. It was too cute because she was actually making up a story based on the pictures. It made no sense whatsoever but was one of those "moments" we get to cherish as parents.

    Thanks for remaining such a great example to our kids of the joy of a good book (or three). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you and your kids love to read! And I like your concept of having a book in each room you spend time in - I might have to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete