Thursday, September 9, 2010

What's For Dinner???

That is a common question in my, and I'm sure millions, of homes.  My favorite answer is... I don't know, what you making???  My kids don't really like that answer, although Josh Jr. will often volunteer to cook dinner... And Josh (Sr.) does often cook dinner.  I posted last month about how I don't like to cook dinner... It's getting a little better...  I also posted that I wanted to come up with new meals and make a menu...  And I have!!!

Dinner... what they didn't eat!
This week started the week of "new" (or forgotten) meals...  But Monday Josh grilled (not on the menu, but REALLY yummy)...  Tuesday night I needed ground Hamburger for the meal, and didn't have any, so we had a box meal (tuna helper... Kids all say they hate it, but they always eat it really good???)...  Wednesday evening I had just put water on to boil to start dinner and my mom called and asked if we wanted to come over for dinner (me not cooking??? Of course we'd love to come!!!)...  And now we hit Thursday evening...  And I make a "new" dish (we actually had it a couple of weeks ago after I made the menu, and I thought it was good)...

Catalina's dinner show!
Chicken Parmesan Risotto!  That's what's for dinner!  Most of my kids ate it good and even said they liked it...  But I had a couple kids hold out on eating...  I'm not even sure Catalina even took a bite...  And when we threatened no snack her answer was "I don't want snack".  So we decided that Catalina and Savannah should sit at the table until they finished...

We did not win :(
Savannah trying to smile
 for the camera

Sleep won as far as Cat goes...

And Savannah sat "all alone" for a very long time...

Josh was nice and gave her a piece of bread after two hours...

A very happy Savannah
and her bread
I LOVE cooking dinner!

3 comments:

  1. Apparently Savannah sat for so long that her clothes mutated into pajamas. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Cat sleeping at the table was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna need a recipe!!! I'm with you on hating cooking... do we seriously need to feed our kids three times a day. I think we need to adopt a 'dry food' approach and just leave out bowls of food and they can eat when they're hungry... like we do for the dog! :P

    ReplyDelete