Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pictures!


Just a few of the pictures
Savannah did today

Savannah and Catalina LOVE to color pictures!  I mean LOVE!!!  They draw sooooo many that I often throw them away (OK really most of them end up in the trash).  Most of the time the picture is on scrap paper and drawn with a pencil.  But lately the have been coloring in coloring books (and we have a lot of these too).  But when the girls start coloring they usually color several pages in one sitting.  Which adds up to A LOT of picture (of mostly just scribbles).
Pencil picture

Sunday afternoon I was straighting up and came across a picture Catalina had made a few days back.  It was on the ground... again.  I picked it up and crumpled it, and then put it in the trash...  Cat found it.


The one I threw away :(

I didn't see it happen (my sister-in-law did), but I am told that she pulled it out of the trash and while trying to flatten it back out she said... "I made this picture so nice for mommy, and she just threw it away..."  She then walked off sad to hide/put away the picture.  I felt soooooo bad :(

3 comments:

  1. Whoops!! Sorry you got busted for throwing away Catalina's picture, but I'm sure she has forgotten all about that and is probably doing many more pictures for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are like that too. I have a special drawer in my room they put them in and then periodically I have to go recycle the bottom of the pile. But then I have to hide them as I recycle them too so they won't see them! I do pull out some of their best ones and put them in sheet protectors in a 3 ring binder so they can go back and look at them and they don't realize the many that are missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me throw the away then because clearly she's not drawing nice pictures for "daddy" ... then there is no guilt for you and no disappointment for them. :)

    ReplyDelete