Saturday, September 11, 2010

Goodbye Summer... Hello Fall!!!

How do you know it's fall???
Brooklyn Diving in!

We sleep with our windows open at night during the summer.  It has been cold in the house the last week or so at night.  Makes it REALLY hard to get out of bed and take care of a hungry baby during the night.

Catalina Jumping in
But I think for me the pool closing really marks fall...  We are members of this little community pool that is open from Memorial day to Labor day.  This was our third year as members....  All though I grew up swimming at this pool.  I learned to swim here... Learned the consequences of not listening to someone in authority (that's a story for another day)...  Had my first home business here (also a story for another day)...  My first "real" job was at this pool...  Many first!
Catalina was very proud
she passed her swim class

For the last two summers I have been on the Pool Board (we run the pool).  And that means we get out membership free.  I have to admit that is why I ran for the board.  For a free membership!  I guess I was a little naive on what being on the board would entail...  It is SO not worth a free membership :)  Mostly kidding (all though after this summer I really think... I guess we'll see how Monday night goes and then I will decide).  But along with all the meetings, and things the pool board is responsible for opening the pool each spring and closing the pool each fall.
Myra's First time swimming

Today was the closing of the pool, technically it closed Monday, but we were doing the final task to get the pool ready for winter.  I spent 3 hours at the pool today taking things a part and getting things ready for winter...  I worked my butt off...  I thought it was going to be cool today, and even grabbed a sweat shirt as I walked out the door...  But instead of a cool rainy day...  I got sunburned, and there was a point during the time at the pool that I thought about jumping in the half full pool (if the water had looked a little cleaner I might have done it).
Josh Jr. Swimming

Ben and Josh Jr.
And so with the closing of the pool I bid summer farewell.  I  know technically we still have 11 days until fall, but for me Fall is here (now if only Mother Nature would agree :)
Savannah swimming
 to her teacher

2 comments:

  1. Fall is definitely here, because I've had to stop wearing my sandals and start wearing long-sleeved shirts. Love the pictures of the kids at the pool! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics make that pool and the water look MUCH better than it actually is. Still a nice little community pool and I love you more for being willing to "work" for our family membership.

    Thanks for teaching the kids to love the water!

    ReplyDelete