Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Swimming




I have started swimming laps in hope to gain back my pre-kids body :)  I suck!!!  A couple laps and my heart is racing, and I am short on air.  Of course it would probably help if I took more breaths while I swam :)  I swam laps for about a half an hour today.  Now before you get too excited thinking that I did a lot, most of those laps were with a kick board using mostly my legs...  But not all of them.  In fact I raced my little sister today, and she usually beats me.  But not today.  Well OK she won the first race, but I beat her on the second race and I didn't even cheat.  Unless you add in the fact that she got back from England LATE last night, and was going on a little sleep.  But that's not really cheating, right?  I raced Josh Jr. last week, and beat him too!  I think he was a little disappointed that I beat him.  He didn't talk to me for a little while after the race.  Then he asked for a rematch... And I beat him again!  Of course it helps that I can swim the whole width of the pool in one breath.

1 comment:

  1. I've said it before ... Josh Jr swimming for speed is a tough situation ... because his arms are so skinny that it's like paddling a boat with sticks instead of oars. With a little more meat on his bones he'll be flying past you.

    Congrats on the swimming though!

    ReplyDelete