Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Books

I love to read.  I think I might have mentioned that before once or twice :)  I also love to watch movies...  I use to be in a book club where we would read a book and then get together and watch the movie.  I LOVED that book club.  What a great reason for a girls night out :)

I have to say though, that there are hardly any movied out there that are better than the book.  Movies just don't do the books justice!  I have been thinking about this for a while, and really I have only come up with one movie that I liked better than the book...  I love the Anne of Green Gables movies!!!  OK not the third one, but the first two movies are great!  I watched them earlier this year woth my kids on snowdays, and I still love them.  After watching the movies again, I started to reread the books...  I didn't get very far.  Don't take wronge.  The books are good, but they did a great job with the movie that I just don't need to read the books.  I am sure that I am missing out on the books, but I have a hard time finishing them because they are not like the movie :)  How often does that happen?

*If anyone in Colorado Springs is interested in doing a book club with me, where you read the book and then get together to watch the movie let me know.  I would love to get one going again.*

2 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of the "Anne of Green Gables" movies and I have read a few of the novels. The books were good, but I've been spoiled by the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movies are not as good as books because everyone has their own imagination, which is always better than "real life" depictions of fictional situations.
    No matter who the characters are, you envision them looking, acting, and speaking in a certain way. Even the best actors and actresses cannot BE everything to everyone for specific characters.
    Bottom line: our imagination is and always will be more powerful than any film could portray things.

    ReplyDelete