Thursday, July 7, 2011

Movie Night out!





The shops at the north end of town put on a movie night in the parking lot on Thursdays in the summer.  I have KNOWN this for sometime, but I always forget until the end of the summer and they are done showing movies...  My sweet friend emailed me a link early in June that had the summer movie schedule.  We didn't go last week to the movie, but we decided to give it a try tonight.  I was a little worried with the weather that it would be canceled.  I was also worried that we would be too cold.  But we still gave it a try.

It turned out great (mostly)!  We got up to the shops by 7:45 (the movie was suppose to start at 8:45).  When we got there it was sprinkling a little.  We still went and set up, finding a great spot to lay out a blanket for the kids to sit on.  There were several booths giving away things (water bottles, pins, free karate for a month), and even a local radio station.  The radio station started doing contest for prizes too, and Josh and Josh Jr. won!  They won 4 dollars at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and a Cheese burger at Champs Bar and Grill!  The karate booth let the kids break boards, and my four oldest enjoyed doing that.  We even ran into friends there that we hadn't seen for a little while.

The time went by quickly, and before you knew it the movie was starting.  The movie they showed tonight was "Shriek, Forever After".  It was pretty cute.  And I think that for the most part the kids really enjoyed it.  It started to spit on us again towards the end of the movie, and I was worried that we would have to make a mad dash to the car, but the rain held off for us to see the end of the movie.
I think the only down part of the night was that Josh got a migraine and couldn't finish the movie.  He had to go lay down in the car.  Poor guy!  He really missed out!

1 comment:

  1. That migraine spoiled an otherwise wonderful evening! Looking forward to the next movie nights!

    ReplyDelete