Friday, July 8, 2011

That darn Cat ;)




Josh is away on a camp out tonight with our oldest...  Brooklyn is at a friend's house for a sleep over...  That means I only have 4 kids tonight :)  Instead of sending them all down stairs to watch a kids movie, I thought that I would spend a little "quality" time with them.  So we watched a movie together!  But we had to wait for Savannah to finish her dinner...  This is how my conversation went with Catalina during that time...

Catalina - turning the fan on and off
Me : Don't touch the fan.
Catalina - touched the fan again
Me : Catalina if you touch the fan again I will send you to bed.
Catalina : But what if you ask me to touch the fan?
Me : Catalina, I wont
Catalina : But what if you do?
Me : I wont
Catalina : But what if you do?
Me : Catalina I wont ask you to touch the fan
Catalina : But what if you do?

Later Catalina wouldn't stop touching Myra (this was after I finally had Ben move the fan to another room).
Me : Catalina stop touching Myra.
Catalina - touches Myra
Me : Catalina if you pick up Myra again I will send you to your room.
Catalina : But what if you ask me to pick her up?
Me : I wont.
Catalina : But what if you do?
Me : Catalina I wont ask you to pick up Myra.
Catalina : But what if she is on the stairs and you ask me to pick her up?
Me : You are not suppose to touch Myra on the stairs.
Catalina : But what if you ask me to?

And so the night went :)

2 comments:

  1. Very clever blog post title - loved it! And I totally got a kick out of this post. Catalina is very clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did these "what ifs?" come from?! The other evening she wanted another snack and asked me "What if I needed two snacks?"

    ReplyDelete