Friday, July 1, 2011

Thats a lot of buns!

I went shopping this afternoon.  I was shopping for the 4th of July pool party.  We are hoping for over 200 people to come to the pool on Monday.  That's a lot of food to buy.  Josh Jr. and Brooklyn went with me (thank goodness) to Sams.  We ended up with three carts almost filled full. I purchased 512 buns today!  That would be 304 hot dog buns, and 208 hamburger buns.  I also bought 200 hamburgers (you know to go with the buns), 96 brats, 10 lbs of onions, 12 tomatoes (not sure if I got enough),  two head of lettuce (REALLY don't think I got enough of them), 5 bottles of ketchup, 1 bottle of relish, 1 bottle of mustard (we already had two others), 2 BIG jars of pickles, 216 slices of pre-wrapped cheese (we did not wrapped last year, BIG mistake), 150 little bags of chips, 80 Capri suns, 500 plates, and 3 boxes with 40 assorted different types of ice cream.  I'm sure there was other things, I just can't remember right now.  It was one LONG shopping trip!

1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE to see the receipt from THAT transaction! I also loved the comments the kids told me you got while in line to check out.

    ReplyDelete