Thursday, April 21, 2011

Battle Of The Books!





Today was the final "battle" in the Battle of the Books season.  It was the regional match up.  And there were A LOT of kids there!  I think they said something like 663 kids were there today.  Crazy!  They had three rounds with ten questions each.  Josh Jr.'s team did well.  They barely missed coming in first in both the first rounds (darn those Westing Games questions...).  But they were rewarded for all their hard work with a first place metal in the third round!  They did FANTASTIC!  I am so proud of Josh Jr.!  He did so good for his team.  It was a great time and it was good to see the good attitudes on the kids even when they didn't win.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Josh! The Westing Game is one of my very favorite books, I think I have 3 copies of it! What a fun thing, I wish they did something like that here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did do great and despite some of the cramped conditions it was very cool to be there with him and his team.

    Looking forward to doing this with Ben, and Brooklyn, and on and on and on. :)

    ReplyDelete