Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Growing Pains???

My 5 year old is waking frequently at night with pain in her legs and feet.  And it seems to help them feel better if we rub them...  But what is the cause odd these pains???  Is it muscle cramps or growing pains???  I don't remember the boys having this kind of pain, and I know they grow.  In fact in just the last month Josh Jr. legs have grow enough to make them longer than mine... He's 11!  I still have a couple of inches on him, but when his upper body catches up with his legs, I won't be.

But Savannah is suffering with pains at night...  And then I "suffer" with a tired cranky little girl who wants her feet rubbed :(  YUCK!  I HATE touching feet (maybe some day I will do a post on a week in the summer of 97' when I had to touch WAY more feet than I ever would want too).  But I love my sweet little girl, and so I rub her feet until I can convince her to call out for Josh :)

3 comments:

  1. I haven't commented in awhile, but I've been reading!! Glad it looks like the board will work out well. I'm sorry Savannah is having growing pains. That's not the first I'd heard of someone her age getting growing pains. Hope it gets better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW IT !!! You're in there rubbing her legs and feet just whispering "call for daddy" and stuff like that! :)

    She sure has grown a lot in the last few months so I am sure it is just growing pains. I know that when I finally "sprouted" in late high school the pain was almost unbearable at night. I've never really had "shin splints" and I think that is cosmic karma for having suffered so bad with the growing pains.

    Awesome picture of Savannah too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Savannah! It is definitely growing pains, because I remember getting them at night. It usually means there's a growth spurt on the way, so I wouldn't be surprised if Savannah suddenly was taller than Brooklyn or Ben!

    ReplyDelete