Thursday, April 28, 2011

A new shoe

My friend recently posted on facebook that she had gotten a new pair of shoes...  And they have "fingers" in them.  They have a spot for each one of your toes (assuming you have 5 toes)...  I was intrigued, so I had to google them to learn more (they are called Five Finger shoes in case you wanted to know)...  I learned that they are suppose to feel like you are barefoot...  Which I love to be.  In fact I HATE wearing shoes and socks...  I also learned that they cost more than I would normally spend on... 5 pairs of shoes.  But I was still intrigued.  I found from the website a couple local stores that carry them, and I planned yesterday to take Josh to one of the stores so I could try on a pair (see yesterday's blog for why we didn't go)...  But this afternoon we did make it to REI so I could try on a pair...  I was hoping that I wouldn't like them (because I really don't like to pay THAT much for shoes... remember I HATE shoes)...  The sales lady was also trying to persuade me to NOT by them...  Telling me that they take a LONG time to get use to them and that they really work different muscles and make things hurt for a while...  But I have to say after trying on a pair that I really LIKED the way they felt...  And after talking to Josh I think that since I am use to NOT wearing shoes anyways, then it might not be as big a difference for me than if I wore GOOD shoes...  But still they cost A LOT...  We'll have to think some more on it...

1 comment:

  1. They might look weird, but if you like 'em we'll just have to budget them in. Among "women" you have been grossly deprived of your rights to expensive and non-sensical shoes ... these might only meet the expensive criteria. :)

    Also, I LOVED your (assuming you have 5 toes) comment ... ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete