Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Monster in the Closet


This evening Catalina said she would stay in the room while Brooklyn showered (Brooklyn is afraid to shower alone), however she soon came into to the office where Josh and I were talking.  She proceeded to tell me that she had snuck away on Brooklyn...  She brought with her two dolls, and asked me to play.  I played briefly, and then we sent her back to check on Brooklyn...  She left the dolls.  Josh called after her to come back and grab them, and she either chose not to, or didn't hear him (hard to tell with Catalina...  some days we wonder if her hearing really does work).  Regardless, Catalina did not come back...  So Josh "hid" the dolls. 

When Catalina got back and noticed the missing dolls she questioned what happened to them.  Josh told her that a monster had come and taken them away because she had left them out.  She was very sad, and turned to me and asked if I had seen the monster take away her dolls...I told that I had seen the monster take the dolls, and maybe if she cleaned up the rest of her toys the monster would bring the dolls back.  It took a little convincing and coaching, but finally Catalina cleaned up the office and said she had cleaned up the other rooms (all though on inspection she had not really cleaned up the other rooms).  And the "monster" returned her dolls to where she had left them while she was out of the office...

But when we questioned Catalina about her "cleaning" we learned that when she took some papers to her room she quickly tossed them in the door, because she was afraid the "monster" would be in her closet and get her!  And there the papers stayed until I moved them some time later.  Lying in the door way, an offering to the "monster".

1 comment:

  1. "An offering to the monster." Priceless!

    I felt a little bad about scaring her but she seemed fine when I explained that I was the monster (and the only monster ever in our house for that matter).

    Kids are so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete