Saturday, April 23, 2011

Brooklyn's Cleaning Style???


She only looks
 sweet and innocent :)




Brooklyn wanted to go with her dad yesterday.  Josh was going to our friend's house to help Tony with some yard work.  This was after Tony had spent some time helping Josh to get Jazzmine running again (THANKS TONY)!  Josh told Brooklyn to finish her chores and clean her room if she wanted to go with him.  He then made a quick run to his parent's house to pick up a tool....  He got back and went to check on Brooklyn only to find that she hadn't really done anything with her room yet, and that it was still VERY messy, one of the messiest it has every been (which is saying a lot).  So Josh decided to go a head and go and not wait for her to finish...


Brooklyn came up stairs maybe 10 minutes later looking for Josh.  She was very upset when she learned that he had left and was not coming back for her.  She had finished cleaning her room and was ready to go...  I was a little shocked!  She has NEVER cleaned her room that fast before.  So I quizzed her a little on it.  I soon learned that she had not vacuumed it yet, and she was really surprised that I would ask that of her (She had dried GRASS all over the floor in her room).  I then asked a few more questions on what she had done and she quickly answered that she had done all the required things (except the vacuuming of course).  I was still sceptical...  So I went down to check... 

And I have to say that I felt truly repentant...  Except for needing to be vacuumed and a couple little things her room was very clean!!!  Her bed was even made!  I quickly told Brooklyn that I was sorry that I had doubted her.  I pointed out the couple of things that needed to be fixed and then reminded her to vacuum...  I was ever thinking that maybe I should run her over to her friends house because she had done such a good job, so fast...  But as I was getting ready to leave I thought to ask if she had made sure to get every thing out from under the bed...  I could see on her face that she had not...  And I thought that maybe I should take a look under bed...  And there I found the MESS!!!

She's actually a tricky fish :)
Apparently Brooklyn thought that I would forget to look under her bed (I almost did)...  Because there was everything she could fit under it.  Shoes, trash, toys, blankets, more shoes, roller skates!!!  It was quite evident that she had not cleaned her room, but had simply pushed everything under her bed!!!

Needless to say she did not get taken to her friends house to play, and she had a big mess left to clean when I finished pulling everything I could reach out form under the bed!  Oh and she still had to vacuum :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how so many of us have tried to clean our room by shoving everything under the bed - alas, it never works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Monica's closet on that one episode of Friends. Too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete