Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference

It is that time of year where My church holds a General Conference for the whole church world wide.  I was able to watch it with my family today (and yesterday).  General Conference is held twice a year.  The first weekend of April and October.  They have five sessions to watch/listen to.  I am happy to say that I was able to listen too four of them, and the fifth session is for Men only, so I really listened to all that I could!  There were so many great talks given over the two days.  I really felt the spirit (even with noisy kids in the room), and I am so grateful for the opportunity to watch them.  One of the talks today talked about sharing the gospel with those around us, and this is something that I don't do so good.  I love the church and I have a strong testimony, I have just always been afraid to share it with nonmember friends.  So tonight I thought I would post about General Conference and share my testimony that I know the church is true.  I know that there is a plan for us, and if we follow Heavenly Father's teachings we can live with Him again one day.  I am so grateful for my family and the fact that we can be together for all eternity. 

Today was a great Sabbath day!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Pretty Lady!

    Your strong testimony is just one of many things I love about you. I also look forward to spending eternity together and hope all our friends and family can join us there!

    I am also glad that we get the Ensign magazine the next month and it has ALL the amazing talks in it, including the Priesthood Session. There is nothing "hidden" about any of those meetings. To quote a favorite hymn "Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me!"

    ReplyDelete