Monday, April 4, 2011

The Finals!

Tonight for FHE (family home evening) we had our finals for the first annual Case family WII tournament...




The four finalist each picked one "game" too play in the finals.  Brooklyn picked bowling, and it was a great start for her and me.  Brooklyn came in second with I thin a new high for her of 168, she also had 6 or 7 strikes!  I came in first that round with a 231 and 9 strikes.  Josh and Josh Jr. were a little concerned about the rest of the tournament, but came back with a great second round (Mario Cart) for them, with Brooklyn and myself coming in in the last two spots...  But going into the third round I was still in the lead...  Until I froze up on Skiing (my game pick) and totally blew it.  There was no coming back for me even though I was only one point behind Josh...  The last game was his pick.  And even though I threw up a good 242 on Hula Hoop, it was no where close to Josh's 314 (new high record for him)...

So the finals were...

Josh Sr. - First place
Karen - Second place
Josh Jr. - Third place
Brooklyn - Fourth place

And on a side note Ben beat Josh Sr. in the consolation round :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job everyone!! Sounds like it was a really fun night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't explain that in the pictures I was "helping" Brooklyn with the hula hoop round. She got 226 spins which was a MUCH higher personal best for her and was ALMOST enough for her to beat your score. In fact I think her high score in that was your motivation for doing as well as you did! :)

    The whole thing was fun, but much more of a learning experience ... next year (and beyond) will be MUCH better and I will have to work hard to defend my title!

    ReplyDelete