Friday, February 11, 2011

Am I Invisible???

I went shopping this morning with my youngest three kids...  It's been a while since I have actually gone with three kids...  It will probable be a long while before I done it again :)  Actually they were really good.  Catalina only threw a couple little fits about having to leave her book in the car, and I gave in to the fit about leaving Louie in the car (because according to Catalina "she doesn't like to be left in the car"...).  So it was not my kids that made me want to be done shopping!  It was all the other shoppers out there!


My Fantastic brace

I hit two store this morning, and I didn't have LOTS to get at either store (although I ended up getting more than I planned at both).  And while I was at the second store I came up with this blog.  Picture me, and were as I might not be a 6ft tall 450 pound offensive linemen in the NFL, I am no where close to being "little".  But here I am in my T-shirt (because it was quite warm in the store) with my Fantastic brace on pushing my shopping cart...  And I did the math, two 35 lb girls + one 15 lb baby + one 10 lb car seat = one 95 lb cart... and that's when it is empty!  And I am shopping for food for eight people, so you know the cart is not going to stay empty.

Now I have to say that my husband has tried to teach me to be aware of people around me when I am shopping.  I try to always make sure that when I stop on an isle that I am all the way over to one side, so that there is room for people to go around me.  So here I am with a half full cart, OK half full of food because it had three girls on it, and I pull over and stop to get some item...  And a lady comes down the isle and stops her cart maybe three feet from me...  And stands there giving me an evil eye like "get out of my way".  And she continues to stand there glaring at me until I move my 95 lb when it is empty cart around her.  Really???  You couldn't see me when you were coming down the isle???  Did I just magically appear in front of you???  Really???

2 comments:

  1. That's so frustrating! What a rude woman! It seems like there is always someone like that at stores - they act like they own the world!

    ReplyDelete