Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Day After Tomorrow!

I love that movie.  I even thought about watching it today.  I thought it was fitting for a day like today. However today maybe a little too much like the movie...


Right lower corner of Front door

We bought our house 11 months ago today!  It is almost crazy to think it has almost been a year.  Time goes way to fast...  But back to our house.  When we first moved into our house I thought it seemed very well insulated.  But with today being the first REAL cold day we have had in the house, well we learned differently...


Door hinge on front door

We have noticed over the few months in the house that certain areas of the house seem to be colder at different times.  One place that seems to always be cooler than the rest of the house would be the office.  In fact we have put up some extra insulation in the front window a couple of weeks ago to help with the cold.  And it has helped, some.  But with it being Extra cold today I thought that maybe we should add a blanket to the window.  Josh,  being the great husband that he is, hung a blanket up for me this morning.  It was while he was hanging the blanket that he decided that they must have slacked on the insulation on the front wall of our house.  He showed me how you could feel the difference in temperature on the front wall in our office verses the side wall.  And you could!  Really crazy!  And crappy!  It was then that I noticed a small problem with our front door.  And that is why I feel like it is a little to close to "The Day After Tomorrow" for me...

The roof/wall
above the front door.



We have ice on almost all of the windows... the inside side of those windows!  And we have frost on the front door, and icicles on the walls!  Crazy!  Thank goodness Josh was home today to do some insulating for us!

The left lower corner
of the Front door




4 comments:

  1. Crazy pics Pretty Lady! I'm not glad I was sick today, but it did work out okay for me to be home so I could put temporary fixes on those drafty areas.
    Now wee need some warm days and I'll fix them for good. Brrrr! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy! We had some ice Inside on the corners of some of our windows, but nothing like that. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am in shock at how cold it has been there! I feel guilty that me, the parents, Jordan and Erin have been having really beautiful, warm weather here in Florida, but we'll be home soon and freezing along with the rest of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found ice on an outlet by our balcony door!! Yikes!!! Crazy how cold it is!!

    ReplyDelete