Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Parking

Maybe it's because people know it REALLY annoys me, maybe the world just needs to be a little more courteous, maybe I just need to let it go, But I REALLY hate when people I don't know park in front of my driveway!  Come on.  I think it bugs me more now in our new house too.  Maybe it is because there is TONS of parking around us!  TONS!  Our neighbors (who we really do like) have people that seem to think parking in front of our house is just fine.  They recently had a lot of work done on their house.  And the crews working on their house would always miss judge their parking job and be blocking my driveway some.  Of course the was the day when I couldn't even get in my driveway because of the BIG truck blocking the WHOLE thing!  GRRR!  But today really bugged me.  The person's car was mostly in front on they driveway.  And there were NO other cars on the street.  Let a lone across the street!  They were just to lazy to "fix" their parking job!  REALLY???  It takes what, 30 seconds?  Show some courtesy please!  I always will re-park if I am anywhere close to blocking someones driveway, that's all I ask form others.

Front yard


Now today's episode brought back memories... 

Back several years ago, when we were in our other home we had a similar problem...  but worse!  This was back when we only had 4 kids I think...  It was a Sunday morning...  I don't remember if it was spring, fall, or what, I know it wasn't too cold out though.  Josh and I had gotten up and gotten our family ready to go to church.  I want to say we had the 11 am church time, but it might have been the 8:30 time... doesn't really matter.  Anyways, we got and were heading out to church (running a little late).  We opened the garage to go to church and there was a truck parked in our driveway!  All the way in our driveway!  Almost touching the garage.  And right behind the van.  And for those of you who don't know what my old driveway looked like, it was VERY steep!  We never parked in the driveway.  There were times we couldn't get into the garage because of snow on the driveway, it was to steep and slick!   I don not miss that driveway by the way...  Any ways, there was no way to get the van out of the garage.  There was no way to take our family to church. 

Our Driveway
I went over to our one neighbors house and knocked on the door.  I was pretty sure I had seen this truck at their house before.  So I knocked, and rang the door bell.  And no one answered.  I could here movement behind the door but still no answer.  I went home and sent Josh to church with the two boys.  No since us all missing church.  And I set out to figure out what to do.

I ended up calling the police station.  I told them the situation and the answer was...  They couldn't do anything for us because it was on private property.  If it had been blocking our driveway while on the street they could have had it towed, but because it was COMPLETELY in our driveway they could do nothing!

The police told me that we could have it towed.  She said to call companies and find one that would let you pay to have it towed when the car was picked up so that we wouldn't have to pay.  I spent the next half an hour calling around to find a towing company that could get to my house that day and not charge me to have it removed.

Two hours later the tow truck removed the truck from our driveway!  It took a little bit of work to get it off our STEEP driveway!

Another shot of the
Driveway
It was 5:30 or 6 that evening when someone finally came to find out where their truck had gone.  It was our neighbors.  Her father had parked in our driveway on accident...  He thought it was his daughter's house.  He got out of the car and then jumped in her car and they all headed up to Denver for the day.  My question is how did four adults not notice that the car was in the wrong driveway???  Our driveway was much steeper than our neighbors.  And he had to walk over to his daughter's car.  Really no one noticed???

1 comment:

  1. I still feel just a little bad that we had it towed ... but there is no logical explanation for how all four of those adults could have mistaken the parking spot ... at least none that doesn't include enough alcohol that none of them should have been driving anyway!

    Cool post Pretty Lady! I forgot about that. :)

    ReplyDelete