Sunday, February 20, 2011

How come it's only the boys that are dying???

That was the question of the day from my 9 year old....

A couple weeks back on one of the "snow" days the kids had, I made all my kids watch "Anne of Green Gables" with me.  I love this movie!  It was one of my favorites when I was a teenager.  And it is one I haven't seen in a long time.  So I thought (a couple weeks back) that it would be fun to watch with my kids...  They complained a little bit about having to sit there for soooo long...  I had forgotten it was such a long movie...  But they actually enjoyed watching it I think.  Last weekend I mentioned watching the next movie in the series "Anne of Avonlea" and my kids kind of hinted at the fact that they would want to watch it with me too.  So I waited :)

Today we didn't make it to church...  For many reasons...  OK some of us made it to church, but not into church...  So this afternoon, after we watched a church movie, we put on "Anne of Avonlea".  Now for those of you not familiar with the movie, Mathew (Anne's adopted father figure) dies at the end of "Anne of Green Gables".   And then shortly into "Anne of Avonlea" the neighbors husband dies.  It was at this point that Ben turns to me and asks "How come it's only the boys that are dying"???

Josh and I laughed!

2 comments:

  1. Ben totally cracks me up! I love the "Anne of Green Gables" movies and I'm glad that you got your kids to watch these great movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His question was so intense but so out of the blue that it was impossible not to laugh. I felt bad though because he kept asking "What did I say? What's so funny?" Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete