Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oops!



I posted a couple days back about watching "Anne of Green Gables" with my kids.  Since my kids didn't have school today...  and they were starting to drive me crazy...  I thought that it would a good activity to watch the next movie in the set...  I was very excited to see the movie, because I have never watches the third movie.  And since it is "Anne of Green Gables" I thought that it would be fine for my kids to watch...  I was WRONG!  The third movie takes Anne and Gilbert into World War I.  And Gilbert's mail that Anne sends him are being returned to Anne, so she sets off for Europe to find him.  The movie shows war.  And I think it started to scare them some...  Not that is was a scary movie, but they were scared that people would die.  I ended up stopping the movie for a few minutes to talk to the kids, before we finished the first half of the movie...  But I wasn't sure if we should finish the movie.  A couple of the kids seemed really up set (I wont mention names, but there were a few tears shed... and not by me).  But it seemed to help them all when I spoiled the movie and told them that Gilbert and Anne would not die.  They asked how I knew...  I told them I read the books :)  I sure hope the movie follows the books... At least that much!

2 comments:

  1. Oops, indeed! I've seen the 3rd "Anne of Green Gables" movie so I know exactly what you mean. I had only heard a little bit about it from Erin, but I was really surprised by how intense it was. It was definitely more adult than the previous two movies, although still good (just not necessarily for all ages).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only watched the first half of the third movie. I watched it when it was released back in 2000. Then I got engaged that week before the other half came on and I was too busy to worry about finishing it. I wasn't impressed at how it did not follow the books at all! I was also sad it was so intense and not the feel good comfort movie that I loved so much about the other two. I have no desire now to see the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete