Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Basketball

I know I have blogged before on Josh and basketball. And I know I have said how much I love Tuesday nights when I have my "quiet time" while Josh is at basketball.  But there are times when I hope that Josh wont have to stay at basketball the whole night.  That was the case on the 15th (a week ago).  It was our Engagement Day, and I had hoped that Josh would come early.  I never told Josh that I felt that way... OK not before that night anyway.  So Josh had no way to know that I was hoping for him to come home early.  Josh got home 11:30pm apologizing for being late and sad that he didn't have flowers.  He had stopped to buy me flowers after basketball, but the store didn't have any roses in good shape.

I was still sad that Josh didn't come home earlier, and I did finally tell him (OK it was a few days later).  So lets jump forward a week.  It is Tuesday night again.  This time Josh leaves basketball early...  And he stops and buys me BEAUTIFUL roses!  And when he gets home...  I'm already in bed...  Almost a sleep.

Thanks Josh for the BEAUTIFUL roses!  And Thank you for listening to me.  I am sorry that I had gone to bed, when you came home to spend time with me!  I love you!  You are the best!

2 comments:

  1. To be fair, it was WAY easier with you asleep to "sneak" the roses in ... so it all worked out! :)

    Love you Pretty Lady!

    ReplyDelete