Saturday, March 19, 2011

Does the thought count???

I spent this afternoon with my father trying to get my husbands car home...  it has been stuck in Larkspur on the side of the road since Thursday evening...  We were finally able to get it running and home, YAY, after many hours and several trips to Sears...  Between the first and second trip to Sears, we ran across the street to Walmart to do some shopping, since we had an hour to spare...  While we were waiting for a light, I noticed the young man standing with a sign saying "Need help!  Traveling, No Food,  Hungry!"  There was a young woman across the street as well with a sign...

I always would like to help people in need, but I have to admit that I really don't want to just give them money...  But what can you do to help???  As we were shopping my dad and I talked about it some.  And we finally decided that we would buy a loaf of bread, some peanut butter, and some jelly to give to the guy on the corner...

We were only in Walmart maybe a half of hour.  We packaged up the food, and then started to decided which of the two young people we would give the food too.  But wouldn't you know it, they were both gone!  So does the thought count???

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think the thought counts. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the weird things ... but I am so proud of you for trying to do the right thing!

    ReplyDelete