Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why!Why!Why???

I know it wont come as shock to most of you, but I have six kids.  And for the last 11 days they have been on spring break (and they still have 5 more days left).  We have gone and done a few fun things, and I hope to get in some more fun activities before they go back to school, but today I thought that we would just have a down day.  I had a lot I need to get done for a meeting I had this evening.  I wasn't making them do chores or anything, but for some reason today has been a day of grumpiness!  Kids picking on each other, fighting and a lot of complaining...  Some of it going on for A LONG time...  But it only seems to be for me.  The kids are perfectly happy to get along when their dad is home, but as soon as he leaves, the grumpy monster comes running back!!!  Why???  Why do they have to fight when I am home???  I would be more than happy for them to get along...

1 comment:

  1. That's what I get for being the "fun" parent! :) Just kidding.

    I am sorry that they fight when you are home, but I think if we looked at the percentages you would find out that we're about even.

    Here's my math:
    Karen is home with the kids 7 days a week. The kids fight (not just argue) 2 of those 7 days, which equals about 29% of the time.

    Josh is home with the kids 2-3 days a week. The kids fight (not just argue) about 2-3 times per month (which is 16% of the time on the low end, but 38% on the high end).

    Conclusion: The kids just fight too much ... and it's probably not you! :)

    ReplyDelete