Monday, January 10, 2011

Memories...



El-el







I was trying to come up with something for tonight's blog, but Josh has already blogged about our day, so I have nothing...  Since I didn't get to blog the memory I was going to the other night I thought I would just do that today.

The other night when we were eating dinner the kids started calling the broccoli trees.  I'm sure many kids besides mine call broccoli trees.  In calling them trees, it lead to the story of Josh Jr when he was three and him eating broccoli.  He would cal himself an "El-el"... his word for elephant (he LOVED elephants when he was three).  And Josh Jr. would be an elephant eating the "trees". 


Josh Jr, at about 9 months

This memory reminded me of a little earlier in Josh Jr.'s life.  Josh Jr. has always loved animals, for as long as I can remember.  We were frequent visitors of the zoo (like at least twice a month if not more).  And when he was two and three the elephant was his favorite, it is now the tiger (I think).  But he still loves animals.  But back to the memory...  When Josh Jr. was under two and fussy in the car I would talk to him about animals.  I would ask him what sounds the animals would make.  This "game" continued on for many years.  But it would always help make him happy while we were driving (especially when it was just him and me in the car).  During the "game" Josh Jr. and I would make the different sounds for all the different animals.  I can imagine now how funny I must have looked to other drivers as I was howling like a wolf or growling like a bear.  Especially if they couldn't see Josh Jr. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute memory! I remember how much Josh Jr. loved animals when he was younger!

    ReplyDelete