Friday, January 14, 2011

Time




What is time?  Really?  It is all relative.  You can lose an hour here or gain an hour there... We do every year.  Tonight I lost two hours... and then got them back...

Myra decided that 2:40am would be a good time to wake up for a bottle...  I being the lazy mom gave her her pacifier.  But a couple minutes latter I was up fixing her a bottle...  Which I gave her in her bed hoping she would drink it and go back to sleep (I already pointed out that I was a lazy mom).  I quickly laid back down and was immediately a sleep and dreaming...  To be woken at 3:00am by a fussing little girl.

I thought about getting her out of her bed (I did have animals to feed), but I soon discovered that she had merely dropped her bottle.  Now I still being in a half sleep state gave Myra BACK her bottle and headed BACK to bed...

I was quickly a sleep again (have I mentioned that I am sleep deprived and that I also have a medical condition that makes me more tired???).  Sadly this too would not last (if your surprised just look at what time I posted this blog).  And I was soon up giving Myra her pacifier...  I finally gave in and fixed Myra a couple more ounces, thinking that the smallish bottle I had started her with had not been enough.  I then laid back down in hopes of sleep.  Did I sleep???  It didn't feel like it, and I was soon up giving Myra her pacifier again... and again...Now it was on the second or third time of this that I looked at my watch...  And I was very surprised to see that it was now 5am. 

It HAD not felt like two hours had passed...  And it had not felt like I had slept THAT much.  But obviously I had.  In thinking this I figured that smallish bottle I had given Myra at 2:45 had gone through her, and that the extra two ounces were gone as well (she is a growing baby), and that she was indeed hungry again.  Not wanting her to flood the bed, I fixed another smallish size bottle... And then went back to bed, hoping that she would go back to sleep, knowing that if I had to get her out of bed now (at 5am) that we would not be back in bed before the alarm would go off...

It felt like I had just gotten comfortable (again) when Catalina started yelling (and I do mean yelling)!  I quickly ran to quiet her down (you know in case Myra was actually going to sleep). Cat wanted her heating pad warmed again... And so did Savannah who had woke up with all of Cat's yelling...


Sleep???  Who needs sleep???
It's time to PLAY!!!

It was while I was standing there in the kitchen waiting for two heating pads to warm, that I realized the clock on the stove said 3:23... What???  How could that be???  I quickly checked my watch and discovered that I had bumped a button on it, and it was not displaying the actual time, but rather the "timer" time...  It really was 3:23 (AM)!

So long story short, Myra won.  I gave up trying to keep her in bed.  And here we sit at 7:12 (at least that's what the watch says)...  Animals have all been fed (a couple of times) and I'm beginning to think we are not going back to bed tonight (day)!  So I lost two hours, and then got them back to discover that if I had lost the hours to sleep, I should have been happy with that...  Because I have lost them again, but this time I was awake for it :(

2 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of a sleep deprived momma!! Sorry you had a rough night... call me if you need anything. LOVE that picture of you and Myra!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last sentence SHOULD be confusing, but it actually makes complete sense! Sorry that you were up so much.

    I hope the little girls let you sleep this morning when I left for work ... I put a movie on for them in the basement so hopefully you got an hour or two. :)

    ReplyDelete